In England, for example, 3 pieces of California roll are sold for about 3 pounds in some well-known Sushi restaurant, such as Yo-Sushi. It means that we have to pay more than 50 pounds when our family stuffed ourselves there. Furthermore, unfortunately, we don't have any Japanese restaurants in our town...lucky or unlucky?
So, we make some Sushi rolls to serve ourselves at home. Simple, easy, and cheap way to enjoy Sushi and also, in some sense, to play with our girl. Of course, your Sushi can be diverse and its application broad with your favorite ingredients.
- Japanese cooked rice (Sushi rice)
- Japanese Nori (seaweed)
- Crab sticks
- Sushi vinegar (or rice vinegar, sugar, and salt)
- Sushi mat
1. Cook and steam Japanese rice (Use short grain rice. Long grain rice is not proper for Sushi)
2. Sprinkle Sushi vinegar over the rice and mix them gently
3. Cool the hot rice down using a fan
(If you do not have Sushi vinegar, you can make it^^)
a. Put rice vinegar (1/3 cup), sugar (2 teaspoons), and salt (1 & 1/2 teaspoons) on a saucepan
b. Heat them on low heat until the sugar and salt dissolve
c. Cool the vinegar
Let's roll it
(If the video does not play, please click here)