As you may know, we are not Vietnamese and experts of the foods, so this post is just our way of enjoying the summer rolls at home. If you try the summer rolls once, lots of ideas and creativity will come into your head. This content is also one of our recipes to eat Vietnamese summer rolls.
OK. basically, what you need are (to buy some Asian style ingredients, plz pop in a Chinese restaurant):
(for four people)
- Pepper 3
- Hot pepper 1
- Iceberg lettuce 1/3
- Mushroom 5
- Prawns 200g
- Bean sprouts 100g
- Rice paper (or Vietnamese summer roll papers) 3 packs
- Sliced pineapple 1 can
- Fish source 1 teaspoon
1. Basically, we eat the vegetables raw. However, the prawns have to be parboiled in the boiling water. (If you want, you can also parboil the vegetables in the hot water).
2. Cut the vegetable down to size.
3. Make a hot sauce by mixing fish source, pineapple juice, and chopped hot peppers (do not use too-hot-peppers, you can not enjoy the summer rolls with the peppers^^).
4. And enjoy (plz watch the video if you want to know how to wrap the roll!!!...of course the demonstration is our style...not official^^)